1.7.12

About Monday columns


Dear Readers,
It is my pleasure to announce one of our "staple" contributions to our blog! My fellow photographer and friend Matjaž gladly accepted the invitation to write a weekly column on Mondays about his own work, experiences and other film-photography-related stuff. I gave him carte blanche, so he will be a co-editor as well. I am not going to write down his whole biography in this post-it would take too much space and it would be quite complex to do, I think. Instead, you will easily get a grasp about his bio by reading his columns, and I am sure it will be a pleasure for you. I will point out only some basic facts about him: I highly regard him, also because he is a »new breed« of analog photographers. That is, he began with a digital camera, but soon realized the superiority of film medium. (I have seen too many »old breed« photographers being totally succumbed by digital). Thus, the transition to film for him was easy, quick, and logical. And what's more, he also quickly »upgraded« the 35mm film format with medium format, by ending with a large format (18x24cm) camera. He mastered film cameras-regardless of their format-in no time. He also took the study route, doing his bachelor degree course in photography. He's really fearless, a true die-hard guy!
Mitja
 

No comments:

Post a Comment