3.7.12

SAD MAG goes digital-free!


The quarterly, Vancouver-based SAD magazine decided to source their images only from analog photos, by this year. While I applaud such a decision, I must admit I didn't fully understand the explanation Kevin Kerr gave about that decision in this article. It 's somehow an alchemistic point of view, in my view (sorry for the pun). But a good point about that decision, in my opinion, is this: "I think a cer­tain amount of sat­is­fac­tion of knowing that Sad Mag is going to be return­ing to film is imag­in­ing the qual­ity of the expe­ri­ence of not only the viewer, but of the pho­tog­ra­pher." Good point, Kevin! Considering the magazine is dedicated to young artists, that will be a good way to nurture the appreciation for film.

No comments:

Post a Comment